We have put together this Refund and Returns Policy for us to help you make a well consider decision when it come to make any purchases from our online store. While the tone may be a little stern, we have to tell it like it is – so as to avoid any ambiguity and any misunderstandings. We truly value your custom and we are here to accommodate your needs. Hopefully this policy is a win-win for both of us. So, let’s go…
We do not offer refunds on the prints we sell.
- It is assumed that you made the right decision at the time you decided to make your purchase.
- Each print is purpose printed based specifically on your order. A print, like photography, is NOT a like piece of clothing – that, if the size is wrong, that item of clothing can usually be exchanged.
- Our products are tailor-made. By the same token, it is not very often you can go back to tailor or dressmaker to tell them, after all the time and effort invested, that you don’t like the garment you had them make for you?
- In purchasing one of our works of art, we assume you made an effective assessment of your purchase beforehand – that you measured up the space where you’re likely to hang the print, that you checked out sources of lighting, the ambiance and the like, etc.?
- We also assumed that you, alone, have made decisions about matting and how you are like to frame your print, this in the process of making your decision to buy the print?
While we are here to help you as best as we can, please realise that to return a print, to exchange it and to get a refund, this is likely to be a long and protracted business and it’s likely to cost us both, I’m just saying.
DIGITAL DOWNLOADS – eBOOKS
In effect, our eBooks are digital downloads, As such, returns and refunds don’t usually apply. It’s that simple.
The images used in the production of downloadable PDF eBooks are all on display in the various galleries that maybe located elsewhere. Where necessary, references will be provided. We assume that, before you make your purchase, you have viewed the images that are specific to any of the eBook titles.
That once any of these eBooks has been downloaded, it doesn’t make any sense to attempt to return a digital download. This doesn’t quite work. It’s a bit like buying a chocolate, sampling the goods and then, finding the chocolate not to your liking, you return the wrapper to the store and ask for refund. Kind of odd.
About the only time we may offer a “refund” – and it will only be a partial refund – is, if you made a mistake in your initial purchase – as in selecting the wrong eBook. We will offer you an exchange but, you will need to pay to download the eBook you wish to exchange. I hope this is clear to you?
Contact us our sales people for questions related to refunds and returns.